How do I pick the right dog for my home and family?
Knowing the questions to ask and research ahead of time can prove vital to picking the best dog and breed for your home. Here are some questions we suggest considering before looking for a new companion.
- What is mine and my families activity level?
- Who is the primary caregiver for the dog?
- Is there a fenced yard?
- Does anyone in the family have allergies or asthma?
- Are there breed restrictions applied to the neighborhood or home?
- Are all family members (including current pets) ready to handle an adjustment period with a new animal?
- Is the family ready to commit to the animal for the rest of the animals life (10+ years)?
- Is the family financially ready to take on costs associated with a new dog, including food and medical bills?